Rurally Screwed, the paperback!

by Jessie K on January 8, 2013

RURALLY SCREWED pbk coverBig news! The paperback of my book Rurally Screwed is finally here! What do you think? Do you like it? I love it! I love the old cover too — the hardcover version with the legs and the cowboy — but my publisher and I decided to swap it for something with a slightly more somber, serious feel to better mesh with the book’s “unexpected, unpretentious — and very funny — heft.”  NPR’s words, not mine.  The paperback isn’t available until April 2, but you can pre-order your copy today. Check it out!

Amazon, Books-a-Million, Watermark Books, Indiebound, Fact and Fiction, Books & Co.

Jill Adams January 8, 2013 at 10:33 am

I love the new cover. I really liked the hardback cover as well. Good luck!

Jessie K January 8, 2013 at 10:57 am

Thanks, Jill!

Melora January 8, 2013 at 11:21 am

I love the new cover! Best wishes on the second round!

Leah January 8, 2013 at 11:21 am

More to the point, what does Jake think? That isn’t one of his big tough trucks. Are those his feet? He must be a good sport to loose all his “private” moments like this. Jokes aside, I really like the new cover. It is so much more of an eye catcher and teaser than the original. It definately says “buy me”, “read me”. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I read it in hardback. I wish you all the luck with this new release.

Jessie K January 8, 2013 at 11:28 am

To be honest, he wasn’t wild about it because the truck depicted isn’t one he’d ever drive! He’s very literal about these things. He also had problems with how he was depicted in the hardcover version because he thought the cowboy in the picture looked dumpy and broken down and if you’ve ever seen Jake, you know he is anything but dumpy and broken down. Poor guy suffers for my art.

Meaghan January 8, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Yeah, that’s definitely not a real truck. I see his point.

Kathryn January 8, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Love the new cover!!

Janelle January 8, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Actually I like the cover better, and I like the tag line better as well: A memoir of losing myself for love. I think it describes the book better.
Good luck! Can’t wait for the Sohla book to come out. Any ideas?

Karen Stanley January 9, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I love the new cover too. Yes, that’s not a Jake truck, but it seems more poignant and down homey to use an old timey beater farm truck. Also a way to depict the stark contrast from the big city. Plus, if you put Jakes monster big rig on there, it would look like you’re headed to an all nighter at the monster truck rally. Also love the tagline. Very fitting.

Liz January 10, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Yes, I love the new cover! It seems like it shows you more enmeshed in your new environment than the first cover…. It’s sweet and the tag line matches it perfectly.