12 Totally Gross-Awesome Snacks

by Jessie K on June 18, 2013

10-

I’ll preface this post by saying (again) I’m pregnant. Fourteen weeks. Which is to say, all sorts of disgusting, horrifying snacks and treats sound pretty tasty right now. Since I probably won’t allow myself to eat a platter of deep fried Oreos anytime soon, I’ll settle for the visual.

Click here for 12 yummy killers calling my name.

Ydubby June 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I totally forgot about the chili in the hot dog thing. Now I want one!

Shelby at Fresh Eggs Farm June 18, 2013 at 4:06 pm

We do stuffed dates for Thanksgiving each year – some with plain cream cheese, some with maraschino cherry cream cheese and others with ground walnuts – SO DELICIOUS!

Penny June 18, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I don’t do deep fried anything since trying to lose weight. A few years ago I did try deep fried corn on the cob at the beach. Never again. I’ll stick with boiled or grilled with butter.
Glad you and June got to go to the beach.

Deirdre June 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm

The dried apricots and cream cheese look good, but the others kind of got my gag reflex going. They’re probably delicious anyway.

JulieO June 18, 2013 at 8:31 pm

My brother-in-law swears by cold corn on the cobb slathered in dukes mayo.

Olga June 18, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Oh god, I really hope you were kidding about all of them. Apricot and cream cheese is the only thing I would actually eat on this list.

Jessie K June 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Nope, dead serious!

mia June 18, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Hooray Jessie!! Congrats on your pending wee one :)

Jessie K June 19, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Thank you!

Brad K. June 19, 2013 at 12:54 am

But, this list doesn’t include Slutty Brownies (9×13 pan, package of chocolate cookie mix, later of oreos [whole cookies only, you eat the broken ones as you go], top with package of brownie mix, and bake).

Nor cat poop cookies (a rather dry cookie in “authentic” shape and colors, laid atop a bed of Grape Nuts, in a new and unused kitty litter pan with new, unused liner). You can Google these; some recipes sacrifice taste of the cookie for “authentic” texture.

My own favorite recipe isn’t that gross, and I haven’t actually made it, yet, though I fell in love with Holland America Cruise Line’s recipe for bread pudding some 13 years ago, now. And that recipe is all over the Internet.

Jessie K June 19, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Oooh, Slutty Brownies and Cat Poop Cookies sound sensational! Thank YOU!

Laura M. June 19, 2013 at 6:16 pm

My mom used to make me peanut butter/mayo/bananna sandwiches. I never really got a taste for them.

Katie Renee June 19, 2013 at 6:51 pm

In Iowa, where I grew up, what you call Taco-in-a-Bag we called “Walking Tacos,” and trust me, they are much better with a bag of Doritos! Here in Montana they are called Taco in a Bag as well and I just can’t get used to it!

Stockyard Queen June 20, 2013 at 10:36 am

Where I come from, the taco in a bag is a Frito pie.