My Mom comes to see the new baby and I make her paint my living room

by Jessie K on December 31, 2013

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We’ve had company for the past three weeks straight as we settle in with the new baby. First, Jake’s Mom Marmie arrived from Baltimore to be on hand in the event I went into labor on time (I didn’t). Then my Mom Grandma B arrived from Montana for two weeks, during which time I was induced and laid up at the hospital for three days with new baby Katie Bea. Then my Dad and my Stepmom Grandma Tess arrived from Florida to spend Christmas week with us.

It was a crazy, chaotic, whirlwind month and now that it’s over and all our guests have gone home and the house is once again our own, I wish everyone would come back so we could do it all again (minus the labor). It’s times like these I’m reminded again just how amazing our families are and how lucky we are to have such help. My trio of Moms and my Dad went out of their way to entertain June while I was busy with Katie. They cleaned the house, cooked, washed dishes, wrapped presents, wrapped MY presents, vacuumed, collected and washed the eggs, played Candy Land, minded our crazy dog, organized our bookshelves, cleaned our mudroom….my Mom even painted my living room.

Click over to my Babble page to keep reading.

Penny December 31, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Sounds like your Christmas season was wonderful! You can’t beat having family around. The living room is beautiful.
Happy 2014 to you all!

Janelle December 31, 2013 at 12:35 pm

You are so funny! Always a laugh from you, Jessie. You are a very lucky woman to have such great moms and dad. I was never as fortunate as you.
We’re on our way (after 4 years) to finally doing our master bath and you’ve given me a idea of a color. Thanks.
Happy New Year to you and your growing family. When you get a moment, I’d love to hear more about your delivery and see more photos.

Carrie at Living the Daly Life December 31, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I LOVE the color!!! You and your mom look quite a lot alike, do you hear that often? And what a relief to have that project done with! Happy New Year!

gypsypf December 31, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Induced? Did you say you were induced with little K.B.? Oh, labor from Hades. After surviving that method of medical torture, you deserve to hire someone to finish painting whatever else you want painted in the new house.

Brenda January 1, 2014 at 1:23 am

Having the help of your Moms is wonderful and a blessing. Happy New Year! Looking forward to reading along in 2014. And thanks for the colors to check out. I have a mini tile sample I picked up with grays and browns that I want to work from.

Barbie.O. January 1, 2014 at 11:10 am

Moms like yours are wonderful. Harness their energy, it gives everyone a
“feel good” feeling. Happy New Year!

Jessie K January 1, 2014 at 2:01 pm

My Mom IS wonderful, no doubt. She’s the best!